AquaLink™ PLB - Personal Locator Beacon
Send I'm OK Messages and GPS Location Maps. Increase the functionality of your PLB with optional 406Link.com non-emergency messaging service.
Head offshore with confidence. With three levels of integrated signal technology - GPS positioning, a powerful 406 MHz signal and 121.5 MHz homing capability - the AquaLink™ quickly and accurately relays your position to a worldwide network of Search and Rescue satellites, reducing search time and increasing your chances of survival. It's reliable signaling technology that has saved more than 25,000 lives since 1982.
The AquaLink™ broadcasts a unique registered distress signal that not only tells rescuers where you are, but who you are. The onboard GPS can fix your position to within 100 meters and then utilizes a powerful 406 MHz signal to relay your distress call to orbiting satellites. As local Search and Rescue is deployed, a separate homing signal and integrated LED strobe light guide rescuers to your exact location.
The AquaLink™ is small enough to be easily carried in a pack or pocket or can be worn on deck, at the helm, in quarters or on a life vest and will float if accidentally dropped overboard. Performing a full functional self test of the PLB's internal circuitry, battery voltage & power, and 406 MHz transmission gives you the peace of mind knowing your PLB will work the moment you need it to the most. ACR Exclusive: Built-in GPS acquisition test mode allows you to test GPS functionality up to 12 times over the life of the battery life.
Tap in to the same field-tested rescue technology used by the U.S. Military, Coast Guard, NATO Special Forces and Arctic explorers.
- No Subscription Fees
- Super Bright LED Strobe
- On Board 66 Channel GPS
- Self-Test and GPS Test Features
- Typical Performance 35 Hours
- Non-Hazmat Battery
- Made in the U.S.A
- Size: 2.25" x 5.88" x 1.49" (5.72 x 14.94 x 3.78 cm)
- Weight: 9.1oz (257g) with lanyard
- Battery: Class 2 (non-hazmat) lithium battery packs; 6 years from date of manufacture. 11 year storage
- Material: Engineered polycarbonate blend
- Color: High visibility ACR-treuse™
- Deployment: Manual
- Activation: Manual
- Operation: 2 steps - deploy antenna, press ON button, giving clear view of sky
- Waterproof: 16.40' (5 m) @ 1 hr., 33 ' (10 m) @ 10 min.
- Factory tested: @ 70°F, exceeds RTCM waterproof requirements
- Radiated Power: 6.3 W (406 MHz), 50 mW +/-3dB (121.5 MHz)
- Operational Life: Exceeds required 24 Hours @ -4°F (-20°C)
- Typical performance: 35 Hours @ -4°F (-20°C) Longer in higher ambient temperatures
- Storage: -40°F to + 158°F (-40°C to +70°C)
- Accessories: Attachment clip included
- Certification: Cospas-Sarsat, FCC, Canada, R&TTE
- Limited Warranty: 5 years
- Lead Free: Yes
Programmed for USA. For foreign flagged vessels or non-USA residents, please refer to SKU 33712 for programming services.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including BISPHENOL A (BPA) which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
ACR AquaLink PLB - Personal Locator Beacon by ACR Electronics